Never miss an update!










Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm attempting to have a book published. Publishers pay attention to writers who have an audience. If you want to help me, click "follow" on this page or on Facebook. Then, YOU will be my audience!








Monday, March 1, 2010

Baby Calendar

I spent the better part of last week making a calendar for my cousin -well, it's actually my husband's cousin, but I like her and so I'll claim her for my own- who is having a little boy. (We can't seem to get away from boys. I already have three sons and two nephews.) When my boys were little, we had baby calendars that I bought at Wal-Mart or the like. I loved the calendar, because you might not (read: will NEVER) have time to fill in that baby book, but a little note on a calendar page is easy.


You can't tell from this shot, but the letters BABY are covered in silver glitter
and so is the star. Plus, the "apostrophe"
is actually a diaper pin.


This led to the fantastic idea of creating baby calendar for Cousin. It would have been a truly perfect plan if only I'd thought of it four weeks before the shower and not four days. But with the help of my friend Tracy -who let me abscond with I think everything in her craft room and lent serious moral support- and the almost patience of my husband -my counter tops were covered with cardstock and embellishments for days, resulting in his having oatmeal for dinner once- I finished it! Oh, and thanks to the lady at the office supply store who gave me a near coronary when I went to have it bound. She punched one of the pages crooked and I thought it was going to result in disaster. For a few seconds, I was fighting panic. But hey, what's a good craft project without panic? Thankfully, it was actually a quick fix.

Well, anyway, I had loads of fun at the baby shower -even more than a diaper can hold when you leave a baby with his/her daddy. (And that's saying a lot!) And hopefully, our cousin has a gift she really likes.


A photo of one of my favorite pages.
The hearts hopefully give away that it's February, since the month is
hard to read in the photo.

It goes from April to April, since her baby's due that month.
And the blank spaces accommodate either 4x6 photos or 5x7.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome idea! I'll have to remember this when my friends/relatives have babies! I had one of those calendars (from the store) for Jacob and loved it. Then I switched to baby books... and they're never caught up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean! Next time I think I'll print the calendar and the writing spaces directly on the card stock rather than try to mat them. That'll save a lot of time.

    ReplyDelete