Never miss an update!










Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm attempting to have a book published. Publishers pay attention to writers who have an audience. If you want to help me, click "follow" on this page or on Facebook. Then, YOU will be my audience!








Friday, March 19, 2010

Easy Chicken Pesto Recipe

Every so often I get stuck for what to cook for dinner. So I email my friends and ask what their kids like to eat. Invariably, someone emails back and says, "Whatever I cook" and I roll my eyes, because I have THE pickiest eaters in the universe. Seriously. But here is a recipe from my friend Amanda V. that 4 out of 5 of us liked. (The little one turned his nose up, but he really shouldn't count. He lives off of frozen waffles. Well, almost.) Plus, it's super easy.


Pesto Chicken
2-3 Chicken breasts
1 jar Classico pesto (These are small jars, but don't worry!)
(Find this with the spaghetti sauce. At our store it was on the top shelf where I -AKA Shorty couldn't reach it.)
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream (or half and half for those of us watching our calories.)
1 package of your favorite pasta (spaghetti, bowties, etc.)
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or butter or margarine

1. Cook the chicken in the olive oil (or butter or whatever) until done.
2. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
3. Cook pasta. (I'd say we usually cook half the box.)
4. Add pesto and heavy cream to the chicken and cook until warm.
5. Add drained pasta to the pesto mixture.
6. Enjoy!
7. Don't tell your family how easy it was!

1 comment:

  1. You know I'm gonna try this! We've been adding to our recipe collection and this sounds SO yummy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete