Never miss an update!










Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm attempting to have a book published. Publishers pay attention to writers who have an audience. If you want to help me, click "follow" on this page or on Facebook. Then, YOU will be my audience!








Monday, February 22, 2010

Another poem from the non-poet

Okay, more poetry for my class. Maybe this one will get a better reception with my classmates. Just remember, I do not claim to be a poet!


Brittni Lasater

Shadow

As I mosey out

Twilight hovers thick.

Sight is hindered.

Still, I sense him behind me.

Turning ‘round to look

Is impolite so

I just sneak a glance.

He is closer than before.

Pulse redlining, I

Near my car.

I double my pace

Then my shadow triples his.

Quick, unlock. Unlock!

Snatch the door handle.

My racing heart halts

Because another stranger

Waits inside and smiles

At my pursuer.

That’s when I realize it’s

Not my car.

2 comments:

  1. LOL!!! That is great! I love all the suspense ...I can feel the fear! I can feel the pulse quickening then... the punch at the end that the puruer is just someone going to their own car! lol
    I think... EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I remember this poem.

    ReplyDelete