Never miss an update!










Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm attempting to have a book published. Publishers pay attention to writers who have an audience. If you want to help me, click "follow" on this page or on Facebook. Then, YOU will be my audience!








Wednesday, January 5, 2011

"Jesus Calling" Devotional

In homeschool, we’ve picked up a new Bible devotional called “Jesus Calling: 365 Devotions for Kids.” The devotional is written by Sarah Young especially for children ages 9-12. Each page is labeled with the corresponding date and is short and sweet. Plus, it is written in the first person point of view as if Jesus is speaking directly to the reader.

Pros: this devotional is easy to read. Also, it is interesting that it uses the word “I” when referring to Jesus. Cons: If you are looking for an in depth Bible study, this is not it. I'm also not sure this will hold the attention of most twelve-year-olds.

I doubt we'll keep it as a regular Bible curriculum. However, my nine year old picked it up to read on his own. That means "Jesus Calling" won't be going into the "give away" stack.

No comments:

Post a Comment