Never miss an update!










Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm attempting to have a book published. Publishers pay attention to writers who have an audience. If you want to help me, click "follow" on this page or on Facebook. Then, YOU will be my audience!








Wednesday, July 27, 2011

My Friend Guilt

I hope you will all offer a bit of grace with this post. I submit to you that poetry is not my calling or gift. So... we won't call this a poem. We'll say this is just a few thoughts lined up together in pretty rows.

My Friend Guilt

For so long, I’ve been trying to stay just one step ahead of you.
Still I feel your hot breath searing my neck, threatening my calm.
You clothe yourself in all my good intentions,
Exploiting all my insecurities.
We’ve been inseparable; I was blind to your identity.
But I know your name, now.

These attacks aren’t a new profession.
You’ve been perfecting them night and day since—forever.
Lesser and greater children than me have faced your ploy.
But at least, now, I know your name.

I arm myself, now, against your maneuvers
By accepting Grace in the face of accusations,
Recognizing the difference between your voice and my own.
You who were once named after the morning star,
I know your name.

Accuser.

No comments:

Post a Comment